Much of the fun behind Minecraft is your ability to create beautiful fantasy environments. Some people like to recreate worlds they already know while others like to bring worlds from their imagination. Using texture packs gives you the opportunity to customize the look of these creations.
There is a lot of debate over which Minecraft texture packs are the best. A lot of this will depend on what you are hoping to design, but there are a few elements you should look for in a texture pack before you agree to download. You want to look for a something that adds beauty to your block world, but also runs well so it does not crash as you try to play.
Many consider JohnSmith to be the texture pack that set the standard for Minecraft downloads.
- Old world details are combined with fun elements such as holiday elements to create a fun world.
- The pack is available with a 32x resolution, making it easy for you to install this pack on a variety of computer setups.
- The design elements can be easily customized so you can include details you enjoy and eliminate those that do not match your style.
JohnSmith is a very popular skin because it runs very easily without requiring much patching or additional work to keep going. You can create intricate worlds without having to limit yourself to the details within the pack. The high level of customization combined with the high quality functionality makes this an ideal pack for any Minecraft gamer.
Sphax PureBDCraft is often rated one of the top texture packs available for Minecraft players, and has received millions of downloads in the past year alone.
- This pack focuses on smooth textures, offering a maximum level of realism available within the game.
- Resolutions including 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x and 256x are available so players with a variety of setups can enjoy it.
- Textures focus on realistic looks, including a reflective texture on water to create a beautiful looking world.
Gamers frequently gravitate toward Sphax PureBDCraft because of the high level of realism included in the look. Programmers have created a smooth texture pack that promises gamers the option of creating a world that feels like home.
DokuCraft has long been a popular texture pack for some time due to the high level of effort put into the details of the look.
- Nearly all of the textures in the game have been altered, allowing you to create a completely unique world.
- Rustic elements create an old world look with a great deal of detail, including stones, woodwork, stained glass or shelves filled with bottles or books.
- Two resolutions are available to make it easy to install DokuCraft on a variety of computers.
- Because this is a high quality texture, older computers may need to use patching software to ensure that this program functions the way it was intended.
DokuCraft will increase your FPS usage, but in most cases selecting the right resolution will help ensure that you can play like normal. This pack has been updated a number of times, so you will need to determine which version will run best with your setup.
Half the fun of playing Minecraft is installing game modifications so you can get a unique feel for the worlds you design. In most cases, what makes a good texture pack comes down to personal preference. Determining what kind of world you would like to design will help you find the right pack for your needs.